Wednesday, December 23, 2009


The hunt was on at Old Machala Farm tonight. After feeding the horses and the Jays', I set up the varmint trap and baited it with dry cat food. I was worried that Jake Jay would be tempted to enter the trap to eat, but after a stern warning he decided to go on about his business. Ashton and I went back to the house to wait and see if the varmints decided to return for a quick dinner. I went back out to the barn around 6:15 and just like clock work there was Mr. Opossum munching away on cat food. He tripped the release on the trap when he saw me. In the morning, James, Ashton, and I will go relocate and release Mr. Opossum. Tomorrow night the hunt is back on for "Rory Raccoon. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. oh, and then we went back to the barn so i could see him and he was pissed but just for fun... i scared him by jumping toward the cage and he hissed and showed his teeth. fun times, fun times...

    ReplyDelete