Tuesday, December 22, 2009

munchies

I have these 3 cats, "The Jays", that I leave dry cat food out for them to munch on at night. The last week or so I have noticed that each morning the three bowls are empty and scattered around the barn My granddaughter, Ashton, has her best friend over today at Old Machala Farm and were hanging out at the barn at dusk tonight when I get cell phone call from Ashton requesting I come rescue them. Well Ashton hears a noise and sees a opossum and a raccoon eating the cat food. Well she panics and wants me to come to the barn because the varmints are between them and their escape route . When the opossum and raccoon hear me approaching the barn they both run under the barn. I get a look at the raccoon and it is a big one! I go next door to borrow the small animal trap so that I can bait it and see if I can at least catch one of them tonight. When I get back to the barn the opossum is back but again runs. The kids are now back at the barn with portable lights hiding to see if I catch one of them pesky varmints in my trap. Just hope I do not catch one of the Jays. So far no cell call so I guess that the opossum and raccoon must be full and not returning tonight. Never a dull moment at Old Machala Farm!

2 comments:

  1. nice blog!fun times.... P.S i am her grand daughter ashton... LOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine whos eyes were the biggest, the varmits or Ashton's ????? lol

    always fun times at the farm...........

    ReplyDelete